Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Peltier Sensor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
Im trying to model a peltier device with airflow over the surface however I'm struggling to:
A) link the thermoelectic legs to a plastic/ceramic top and bottom layer
B) link the thermoelectric to a conjugate heat transfer physics model.
Was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice ?
Thanks

2 Replies Last Post 2015年7月2日 GMT-4 09:43

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年6月26日 GMT-4 15:34
you can use beams and shells modules or the multibody module.
you can use beams and shells modules or the multibody module.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年7月2日 GMT-4 09:43
I'm currently using the 4.4 software so I'm unable to use shells/structural mechanics. My biggest issue with the modelling is getting realistic current densities. The supplied model in the verification model library seems to require 700,00A/m^2 to maintain a 60K temperature gradient over 6mm.

As I'm trying to model a 1x1x1mm pellet and the current/length of pellet seem to be inversely proportional do you have any advice?

Thanks
Shaun
I'm currently using the 4.4 software so I'm unable to use shells/structural mechanics. My biggest issue with the modelling is getting realistic current densities. The supplied model in the verification model library seems to require 700,00A/m^2 to maintain a 60K temperature gradient over 6mm. As I'm trying to model a 1x1x1mm pellet and the current/length of pellet seem to be inversely proportional do you have any advice? Thanks Shaun

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.