Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Concentration at outlet of a tubular reactor

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am simulating a tubular reactor in 2-D axial symmetry. I am having problems in finding reactant concentration at outlet. I have coupled mass and momentum balances equations to characterize the flow.
The flow was considered to be fully developed and Newtonian. So i a have used the following equation for determination of velocity

2*v0*(1-(r/R1)^2)

v0=initial velocity

1 Reply Last Post 2015年7月13日 GMT-4 02:52

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年7月13日 GMT-4 02:52
Derived values --> Point evaluation/Surface integration --> min/max/average.

You can also define a slice plot, setting a slice at the outlet. Or you can define a 3d cut place at the outlet.

Is this what you asked?

br
Lasse
Derived values --> Point evaluation/Surface integration --> min/max/average. You can also define a slice plot, setting a slice at the outlet. Or you can define a 3d cut place at the outlet. Is this what you asked? br Lasse

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.