Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Meshing introduced spiky edges??

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I have a model that is built with the "compose" feature. Basically it is a square pad with two co-axial cylinders in the center, except that the front and back surfaces of the pad is curved instead of flat, if that makes sense.

Now when I tried to mesh the boundaries, my model got kind of distorted. The ring area between the cylinders disappeared, and some spiky features are seen on both sides of the central circle. It also gives an error message saying "the face has edges that are smaller than the minimum element size of mesh", indicating the spikes.

I tried to adjust the element size back and forth but didn't get anywhere. Any idea why such things could have happened? Thanks in advance.

(Pictures of model, mesh and my .mph files are attached below.)

0 Replies Last Post 2015年7月22日 GMT-4 10:54
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Bo Gong

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.