Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

releasing particles along depth of a well

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

My model is 3D, and I want to specify in particle tracing module to release particles from this specific location which has coordinates (x,y,z) and I want to impose to release particle every 10 cm (for 2 meter, 20 particles) along the z direction.

Do you have any idea how is it possible to impose it inside the particle tracing module?

Looking forward to hearing your answers
Thanks
Sepideh

3 Replies Last Post 2015年8月6日 GMT-4 14:30
Frank van Gool COMSOL Employee

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年7月30日 GMT-4 04:04
Hi Sepideh,

you can use the "release from grid" node to specify the release of particles on specific locations (found under global conditions).

Best regards,
Frank
Hi Sepideh, you can use the "release from grid" node to specify the release of particles on specific locations (found under global conditions). Best regards, Frank

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年7月30日 GMT-4 04:50
Hi,

thanks for your answer. But is there any option to define number of particles to release for each point?

or how is it possible to count the number of particles which were released from a specific point?

Cheers,
Sepideh
Hi, thanks for your answer. But is there any option to define number of particles to release for each point? or how is it possible to count the number of particles which were released from a specific point? Cheers, Sepideh

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月6日 GMT-4 14:30
Hi,

Another question regarding to particle tracing module. If I want to use backward particle tracking technique by defining the grid, what should I do?

Rephrase: if I want to find the source of particles inside flow domain, what should I do?

Is there any tutorial or paper that they used the backward particle tracing in their simulation?
I'll appreciate any hints.
Sepideh
Hi, Another question regarding to particle tracing module. If I want to use backward particle tracking technique by defining the grid, what should I do? Rephrase: if I want to find the source of particles inside flow domain, what should I do? Is there any tutorial or paper that they used the backward particle tracing in their simulation? I'll appreciate any hints. Sepideh

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.