Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with consistent initial values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I am new to this forum, so forgive me if there are some technical problems with the way i define my problem.

As you will see from the assembly i am uploading i try to run the simulation and i encounter the error stated below:
"Failed to find consistent initial values.
System matrix is zero.
Last time step is not converged.
- Feature: Time-Dependent Solver 1 (sol1/t1)".

What i want to do is to aply a boundary load where it is applied (there is a picture attached showing the place) and then measure the stresses in all the parts. The motion is transmitted from one side to the other through the big cylinder. For the levers that move the keys (1st key is the one that the boundary load is applied to) i used hinge joints as you will probably see and for the parts that are concetric with the big cylinder i used fixed joints. For the study i used time dependent.

Thanks in advance for all your time.

2 Replies Last Post 2015年8月7日 GMT-4 04:54

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月7日 GMT-4 04:32
For some reason i cannot attach the model.
Can someone please give me a hint as to why this is happening?
For some reason i cannot attach the model. Can someone please give me a hint as to why this is happening?

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月7日 GMT-4 04:54
Perhaps it is too large. Delete all the results, it usually helps. (Main ribbon --> Study --> Delete all results)
Perhaps it is too large. Delete all the results, it usually helps. (Main ribbon --> Study --> Delete all results)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.