Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Laminar flow and diffusion into adjacent hydrogel

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I'm trying to model a microfluidic device that incorporates both flow through a channel and diffusion into an adjacent hydrogel. I'm fairly new to the software with very little training, so I'm not sure which modules I need to use or how to set them up properly. Can someone give me some help or perhaps direct me to a suitable tutorial?

Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 2015年8月17日 GMT-4 08:51
Mao COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月17日 GMT-4 08:51
Hi Seth,

Laminar flow and transport of diluted species (diffusion) are both available in COMSOL Multiphysics (the base package). If these two physics are all you want to study, you won't need any add-on modules.

Best regards,
Mao
Hi Seth, Laminar flow and transport of diluted species (diffusion) are both available in COMSOL Multiphysics (the base package). If these two physics are all you want to study, you won't need any add-on modules. Best regards, Mao

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.