Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Mesh size component

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi All,

I am wondering if there is a way to find max and min mesh size in the direction of x, y and z axis? I need it to compare my model with a published paper. I understand h is the variable for mesh size, but it does not have component in a specific direction.

2 Replies Last Post 2015年8月24日 GMT-4 05:46

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月23日 GMT-4 23:21
I end up export the mesh and calculate element size by Matlab. =]
I end up export the mesh and calculate element size by Matlab. =]

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年8月24日 GMT-4 05:46
Hi

I find your arguments interesting and that you should push them to "support" that feature might appear in a future release

But have you tried to select an Edge and asked for the Derived Values of "min", "max" and "average" over the edge of the value of "h" ? this should give you a good clue valid OK only along the line

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I find your arguments interesting and that you should push them to "support" that feature might appear in a future release But have you tried to select an Edge and asked for the Derived Values of "min", "max" and "average" over the edge of the value of "h" ? this should give you a good clue valid OK only along the line -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.