Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use the Previous deformation geometry in the next electromagnetic calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In my model, there are the exciting coil, pick up coil and steel plate. When adding a force to the steel plate, the plate can be deformation. This moment, the induction voltage is measured by pick up coil.This is a transient analysis. Like this, how do I set up the structure - magnetic coupling model? My method is:

(1) Choose the magnetic field module(mf), solid mechanics module(solid), the steady state analysis and transient analysis;

(2) Load a uniform force in solid mechanics module;

(3) The steady state analysis solving, and the deformation of steel plate under the action of force is measured;

(4) The steady state analysis results (deformation of the steel plate) are used as the initial condition, then the alternating current is loaded to exciting coil. It is the transient analysis, and hope to obtain the induced voltage.

The Problem is: the steady state analysis and transient analysis can calculated separately, it is no problem. But when the two calculations combining(firstly, steady state analysis,the results are used as the initail condition, then the transient analysis beginning), the calculation problem occured, the error is" Failed to evaluate variable Jacobian. - Variable: mod1.Az - Geometry: 1 - Domain: 1" Why the error occur?

Because the model is builded in Chinese in the beginning, so images are showed in Chinese.

1 Reply Last Post 2015年9月17日 GMT-4 04:19

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年9月17日 GMT-4 04:19
Who knows?
Who knows?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.