Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Global integration coupling operator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am using the Parameter Estimation to try fit my model to experimental data. Specifically, I am trying to fit a diffusion coefficient to cumulative release data. I find cumulative release in the model by integrating over the domain where the has species diffused into. Thus, I've set up an integral operator under the component tree to do so.

When I use the integration operator in the model expression field and run the parameter estimation, comsol throws the error "Unknown function or operator" and lists the integral operator as the source.

My current guess is that its because the integration operator isn't defined globally so it doesn't know it exists. I've tried adding comp1 infront of it (the form comp1.intop(conc)) but it still had the same issue. Is this a global/local issue that there's a way to fix, or is there something else I'm missing?

1 Reply Last Post 2015年9月17日 GMT-4 12:09

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年9月17日 GMT-4 12:09
Do you have multiple components? If not I don't think it can be a local/global issue.

The default name for and integration coupling operator is intop1, did you use intop1 or just intop as your post suggests?
Do you have multiple components? If not I don't think it can be a local/global issue. The default name for and integration coupling operator is intop1, did you use intop1 or just intop as your post suggests?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.