Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

iron bars nearby a permanent magnetic block

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

My setup is two iron bars being placed beneath a permanent magnetic block. I'm trying to build a COMSOL modeling to simulate the magnetic field surrounding the irons bars.

What I need is the plotting of magnetic field gradient along z direction. I got a plot, but the problem is that the figure looks very weird. The figure is not symmetric and I don't know what cause those weird peaks and "oscillation". I've already used cubic discretization and extremely fine mesh size.

Could someone help me with this problem, please. Thanks!

Susie

0 Replies Last Post 2015年9月22日 GMT-4 21:19
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Susie Sen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.