Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

moving mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

i would like to create a sphere which is moving in water ,so that its effect on the water can be studied.Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies Last Post 2015年12月8日 GMT-5 01:10

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年10月19日 GMT-4 03:37
How about using the FSI(Fluid-Structure Interaction) interface with the 'automatic remeshing' feature?
How about using the FSI(Fluid-Structure Interaction) interface with the 'automatic remeshing' feature?

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年10月29日 GMT-4 02:02
thanks for your reply sir,

i tried to do the same as you mentioned but some errors are showing like, the initial values in the automatic remeshing feature is not found.
i would like to know that what are the things should be consider while we are using automatic remeshing.
thanks for your reply sir, i tried to do the same as you mentioned but some errors are showing like, the initial values in the automatic remeshing feature is not found. i would like to know that what are the things should be consider while we are using automatic remeshing.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年11月27日 GMT-5 08:04
If you need moving ball in water at the moment I can help you to solve in FSI . I made it several times.
If you need moving ball in water at the moment I can help you to solve in FSI . I made it several times.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月8日 GMT-5 01:10
I m using FSI to move the sphere.I got a result in which, the upstream waves are visible but the vortex formation is absent in the downstream.
In my case under FSI,the ball is considered as moving wall.Is that a right input??
can u please help me to solve this?
I m using FSI to move the sphere.I got a result in which, the upstream waves are visible but the vortex formation is absent in the downstream. In my case under FSI,the ball is considered as moving wall.Is that a right input?? can u please help me to solve this?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.