Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Equation in Comsol

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am doing simulation on nozzle and diffuser and I need to find the pressure loss coefficient,which the formula will be:
kd=(vb/va)
where vb is inlet velocity and va is outlet velocity

The Vb and Va is the variable calculated form comsol.

may i ask is it possible to insert (vb/va) function in comsol and to calculate for Kd?

Thanks.

2 Replies Last Post 2010年9月23日 GMT-4 08:37
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月21日 GMT-4 06:04
Hi

You define your new variable kd as Vb/Va and then you plot the value kd over the region you want

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi You define your new variable kd as Vb/Va and then you plot the value kd over the region you want -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月23日 GMT-4 08:37
Thanks Ivar,
but my problem is Va is velocity at the entrance(inlet boundary) while Vb is velocity at exit (outlet boundary).

I have tried to go for boundary expression,where i select
inlet boundary=Va
outlet boundary=Vb

then go to gloabl expression ,kd= (Vb/Va)
but when I plot using cross section plot, I type in Kd at expression,
It give me blank graph.

Issit possible to have mean velocity at Va and Vb as the velocity value varies along the vertical line. (laminar flow)

thanks.
Thanks Ivar, but my problem is Va is velocity at the entrance(inlet boundary) while Vb is velocity at exit (outlet boundary). I have tried to go for boundary expression,where i select inlet boundary=Va outlet boundary=Vb then go to gloabl expression ,kd= (Vb/Va) but when I plot using cross section plot, I type in Kd at expression, It give me blank graph. Issit possible to have mean velocity at Va and Vb as the velocity value varies along the vertical line. (laminar flow) thanks.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.