Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

What does these error messgae mean?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

When I solve a nonlinear, coulped model in paramteric solver, the following message apperas:

Error:
Failed to find a solution for the initial parameter:
No convergence, even when using the minimum damping factor.
Returned solution has not converged.

Would you like to guide me how should I do in the next step?

Thank you very much!!

2 Replies Last Post 2010年9月27日 GMT-4 09:24
Jean-Christophe Lavocat

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月27日 GMT-4 08:46
For me it always happened when I put non physical conditions. Try to proof read your initial conditions and www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/905/
For me it always happened when I put non physical conditions. Try to proof read your initial conditions and http://www.comsol.com/support/knowledgebase/905/

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月27日 GMT-4 09:24
Hi

it can also come from initial conditions that are too far away from the default "0", so sometimes ramping some large values, or just setting more realistic initial conditions might help.

But certanly, one should always recheck all BC with this message

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi it can also come from initial conditions that are too far away from the default "0", so sometimes ramping some large values, or just setting more realistic initial conditions might help. But certanly, one should always recheck all BC with this message -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.