Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Table does not contain filled data

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I swept two parameters and want to observe their common effect of S-parameter. A grating waveguide model has been used here. But when I use Derived Values to export data to a table and want to draw a table surface picture, comsol tell me"Table does not contain filled data". So how can do next?Thank you.

4 Replies Last Post 2015年12月15日 GMT-5 20:44
Maxim Electromobility

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月10日 GMT-5 11:02
Hi Rui,

This happens for me sometimes too. The reason in my case was, that I had some errors during parametric sweep. I sad comsol to ignore the errors in the sweep, and hence some data points was missing in the “Accumulated Probe Table”. If this is the case in your calculations you can check by looking at the log files, which you can find under the study tree, take a look at the attached image. You can also find at the screenshot how to let comsol ignoring errors during the parametric sweep.

There could be different reasons for errors, based on the logs one can determine how to get read of those.

Please also keep in mind that “Filled tables can only be produced by studies that have All combinations selected in their parametric sweeps.” as the documentation says.

Edit: If you have your dada-table generated successfully, you can try to play with the “Presentation format” of the table. The default setting is “All”, you can choose “Filled” and select needed variables. Do not forget to press “Update” at the top of the settings.

Best regards,
Maxim
Hi Rui, This happens for me sometimes too. The reason in my case was, that I had some errors during parametric sweep. I sad comsol to ignore the errors in the sweep, and hence some data points was missing in the “Accumulated Probe Table”. If this is the case in your calculations you can check by looking at the log files, which you can find under the study tree, take a look at the attached image. You can also find at the screenshot how to let comsol ignoring errors during the parametric sweep. There could be different reasons for errors, based on the logs one can determine how to get read of those. Please also keep in mind that “Filled tables can only be produced by studies that have All combinations selected in their parametric sweeps.” as the documentation says. Edit: If you have your dada-table generated successfully, you can try to play with the “Presentation format” of the table. The default setting is “All”, you can choose “Filled” and select needed variables. Do not forget to press “Update” at the top of the settings. Best regards, Maxim

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月10日 GMT-5 22:55
Thank you for your answer. Forgive me that I am a rookie, I can't find some tips in your reply such as "attached image" and "Presentation format" in study tree and table, respectively. In fact I just want to draw a 3 varaibles color picture with two parameters and one result. I am not sure whether comsol can do it or not althrough I can export data to matlab.
Did your talk about in comsol 5.0 or I missed other details?If comsol can draw the picture, do you know what is the standrd process? Thank you very much again.

Best wishes,
Rui
Thank you for your answer. Forgive me that I am a rookie, I can't find some tips in your reply such as "attached image" and "Presentation format" in study tree and table, respectively. In fact I just want to draw a 3 varaibles color picture with two parameters and one result. I am not sure whether comsol can do it or not althrough I can export data to matlab. Did your talk about in comsol 5.0 or I missed other details?If comsol can draw the picture, do you know what is the standrd process? Thank you very much again. Best wishes, Rui

Maxim Electromobility

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月15日 GMT-5 06:07
Hi Rui,

"attached image" is the image attached to the post in the comsol discussion thread, you can download it and open.

Regarding three variables plot, yes it is possible with standard tools. You just have to define the parametric sweep with sweep over two variables and “All combinations selected in their parametric sweeps”. If there is no errors, you can plot it from the appropriate table.

I am currently working with the 5.1 version of comsol.

Best regards,
Maxim
Hi Rui, "attached image" is the image attached to the post in the comsol discussion thread, you can download it and open. Regarding three variables plot, yes it is possible with standard tools. You just have to define the parametric sweep with sweep over two variables and “All combinations selected in their parametric sweeps”. If there is no errors, you can plot it from the appropriate table. I am currently working with the 5.1 version of comsol. Best regards, Maxim

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月15日 GMT-5 20:44

Hi Rui,

"attached image" is the image attached to the post in the comsol discussion thread, you can download it and open.

Regarding three variables plot, yes it is possible with standard tools. You just have to define the parametric sweep with sweep over two variables and “All combinations selected in their parametric sweeps”. If there is no errors, you can plot it from the appropriate table.

I am currently working with the 5.1 version of comsol.

Best regards,
Maxim

Thank you very much!I will try it by myself next.
[QUOTE] Hi Rui, "attached image" is the image attached to the post in the comsol discussion thread, you can download it and open. Regarding three variables plot, yes it is possible with standard tools. You just have to define the parametric sweep with sweep over two variables and “All combinations selected in their parametric sweeps”. If there is no errors, you can plot it from the appropriate table. I am currently working with the 5.1 version of comsol. Best regards, Maxim [/QUOTE] Thank you very much!I will try it by myself next.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.