Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

array of objects with variable spacing

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi to all,
I'm working on a 2D geometry and I would like to generate an array of objects whose distance varies according to the following linear law: d =d0+m*X where d0 and m are constants and X is the X coordinate.
I've tried to insert such a law in the "Displacement Field" of the Array function, but an error message appears, because of the presence of the X.
Thus, I've tried to create multiple copies of the same object, exploiting the fact that, according to Comsol manuals, it is possible to create several copies by entering a comma-separated list of displacements in the "Displacements" field.
But also in this way, the copy failed and the error was "Illegal input displacement matrix".
Does anyone know how to fix this problem, and above all, how to create such an array?
Thanks in advance for the answers.

Alessandro

1 Reply Last Post 2010年9月28日 GMT-4 01:26
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010年9月28日 GMT-4 01:26
Hi

I agree that it would be interesting to distribute an array with equation based separations (in particular for diffractive optics geometry generation).

Unfortunately I do not know (now) how to do it int he GUI, with matlab it should be rather easy (it's worth a mail to "suggest" )

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I agree that it would be interesting to distribute an array with equation based separations (in particular for diffractive optics geometry generation). Unfortunately I do not know (now) how to do it int he GUI, with matlab it should be rather easy (it's worth a mail to "suggest" ) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.