Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Orientationn of piezoelectric substrate 3D and 2D

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I work on SAW devices and I use the YX 36° LiTaO3 as a pizoelectric substrate. To implement the orientation of the substrate in 3 dimensions, I define a rotated coordinate system with Euler angles (0, -36°,0), then I use it in piezoelectric material node.
Now I need to model my SAW device in 2 dimensions ( a cross section of the 3D model). I wonder how I can implement the orientation in 2 dimensions. Shoudn't I define a base vector coordinate system such that:

x1=1/cos(36)*x
y1=1/cos(36)*y ?

On the other part, is it possible please to afford me details about the coordinate systems : Material XY-plane system, Material ZY-plane system,, ...that appear in COMSOL when using piezoelectric devices. For example, Material XY-plane system,, does it mean that the thickness of material is within X-axis and the direction of propagation is within Y-axis?

Thank you in advance,

Best regards

0 Replies Last Post 2016年1月6日 GMT-5 19:28
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Nadia Aloui

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.