Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Implementation of constitutive relations from MATLAB

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hey all

I have a material model that links the material stresses to the material strains coded in a MATLAB function that I would like to link to a COMSOL model. As I see it there are two ways - but I am not sure and would like to have your opinion on the best procedure:

1) use the external material node in COMSOL, which requires me to first wrap the MATLAB code in a C file and subsequently create a dll.

2) through live link - though I have never used it before and I'm not sure if there is a way to link a material model that way easily.

Is there any other way to do this? Maybe someone could point me in the right direction. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Replies Last Post 2016年2月5日 GMT-5 08:40

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年2月5日 GMT-5 08:25
Hey Paul,

I have the same problem. Did you have any achievement?

Best,
Alieh
Hey Paul, I have the same problem. Did you have any achievement? Best, Alieh

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年2月5日 GMT-5 08:40
Hey Alieh

No, unfortunately not, I ended up sticking with the material models provided by COMSOL and modifying them internally. If I ever come back to using an external model, I think I might stick with the external material approach with the C dll.

all the best

Paul-Remo
Hey Alieh No, unfortunately not, I ended up sticking with the material models provided by COMSOL and modifying them internally. If I ever come back to using an external model, I think I might stick with the external material approach with the C dll. all the best Paul-Remo

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.