Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

time dependent EM-fields in cavity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi!
First of I apologize in advance for any stupid questions but I'm a new COMSOL user and would like to model the field inside a resonator. This is no problem in the frequency domain but when I try to do this in the time domain I run into problem. I want it in time domain as I would like to have particles interact with the field. I've tried a few different options but with no success.
I've tried a few different things, both feeding the cavity with a port, coupling the magnetic field in the resonator with a magnetic loop, doing an alternating voltage source to couple the E-field etc..None of these have worked so far and COMSOL doesn't seem to like very high frequencies when you're not in the frequency domain.
Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what physics/studies I should use?

TL;DR
What physics/studies should I use if I want to have particle-field interaction in a resonator?

I appreciate any answers

1 Reply Last Post 2016年4月28日 GMT-4 09:15

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年4月28日 GMT-4 09:15
Hi Kristoffer,

Very interested in your topic. Could you please tell what module did you use to simulate the time dependent problem? The electromagnetic waves transient module? If so, how did you add a voltage in this module? Thanks in advance.

Zhang
Hi Kristoffer, Very interested in your topic. Could you please tell what module did you use to simulate the time dependent problem? The electromagnetic waves transient module? If so, how did you add a voltage in this module? Thanks in advance. Zhang

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.