Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Derivative in PDE coefficient form

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi to all,

i would like to receive your help on the following topic: i'm trying to model in COMSOL the interaction between the physics of QM (quantum mechanics) and EM (elementary electromagnetism) by the coupling between the quantum current to the magnetic vector potential A.

I'll try to get straight to the point: considering a 2D model where just the PDE coefficient form physics is defined and studied with a time dependent study, if i try to spatially derivate the dependent variable (psi on my case) i get the correct result, i.e. a non zero value.

On the other hand, still considering a 2D model, if i use the lower dimensional PDE coefficient form physics (i.e. i'm trying to define my own equation only on a boundary/line of the 2D domain) i get the expected results for the evolution of the variable in question, but when i try to derivate it i always get zero as a result.

I would really appreciate your help, thanks for your attention.

0 Replies Last Post 2016年9月12日 GMT-4 03:15
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Matteo Stocchi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.