Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling magnetic field between 2 cylindrical bar magnets

Christopher Timberlake

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm trying to model the magnetic field generated by two permanent bar magnets (Neodymium magnets) but when I plot my data increasing the size of my air domain significantly changes the plots. I have tried using an infinite element domain to rectify this, but it didn't work for me. Any help would be appreciated, and my model is attached.

Thanks,

Christopher Timberlake

2 Replies Last Post 2016年9月26日 GMT-4 10:50
Christopher Timberlake

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月26日 GMT-4 06:43
Sorry, here is the correct model.
Sorry, here is the correct model.

Sergei Yushanov Certified Consultant

Posted: 8 years ago 2016年9月26日 GMT-4 10:50
Christopher,

Attached is your slightly modified model showing that magnetic field distribution remains the same for different air sphere radius.

Regards,
Sergei
Christopher, Attached is your slightly modified model showing that magnetic field distribution remains the same for different air sphere radius. Regards, Sergei

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.