Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Use interpolation function to get an input in geometry

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi I believe it is a dumb question. Here is what I am trying to do:

1. there is a parameter called "length_sele". I assign value of 1 to "length_sele"
2. I made an interpolation function called ttt, ttt has a value of 1 when argument is 1, and a value of 5 when argument is 2.
3. In geometry I have a cube. for the height I put ttt(length_sele). I want the height of the cube to be 1 when length_sele=1 and height to be 5 when length_sele=2.

but there is always an error. I thought it should be something related to syntax. I tried to find something on comsol.com but cannot locate an example that fixes it. Please see the attached file.

i really appreciate your help.
yitian

0 Replies Last Post 2016年12月14日 GMT-5 21:49
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Yitian Zhang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.