Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Random Laser Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to to simulate a system for Random Laser. Basically what I need is to have my laser hit specific part of the sample with certain angle and I am interested in reflected portion of laser and also the angle of reflection. Can any1 help me with this. Is it possible to do that in Comsol if so please give me some ideas for the start. I have done couple of modelling on stress measurement of thin films but now I have moved to random lasers and need to get it right!

1 Reply Last Post 2011年3月24日 GMT-4 02:26
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年3月24日 GMT-4 02:26
Hi

I believe you must define better what you mean by "random" laser. You can simulate the electromagnetic EM propagation of the laser light EM field with the RF, but you need quite a small mesh and rather large PC/WS to do it. See the RF/optics examples. If its "just" to identify reflection w.r.t. a bounce off a surface it's perhaps an overkill, but anyhow interesting as it gives insights very different from ray tracing, that is the standard optical ways to study propagation

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I believe you must define better what you mean by "random" laser. You can simulate the electromagnetic EM propagation of the laser light EM field with the RF, but you need quite a small mesh and rather large PC/WS to do it. See the RF/optics examples. If its "just" to identify reflection w.r.t. a bounce off a surface it's perhaps an overkill, but anyhow interesting as it gives insights very different from ray tracing, that is the standard optical ways to study propagation -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.