Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Non convergence error in tpfmm when change of boundary occurs

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I have been performing simulations using a tpfmm with time dependant study to simulate an EWOD pixel. For now, I made it move depending on a voltage variable I set as a parameter (so I haven't added the ES module). As it can be seen in the image:

tpfmmpixel.jpeg

But if I try to increase the simulation time more than 16ms, the limit when the liquid-liquid-wall interface point should change from the left boundary line to the lower one, it can be seen here:

limitllw.jpeg

I have tracked the liquid volume to see if it changes too much, and a 0.2% maximum change was obtained, so the problem won't come from an incoherent volume change.

I have also tried to reduce the mesh size and focalized it on the lower domain, yet it didn't solve the problem.

I have attached the mph file to this post.

Could someone help me with this problem?

0 Replies Last Post 2018年3月5日 GMT-5 12:45
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jordi Vives

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.