Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Average along curves

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all,

I am trying to do something like the projection but not along the straight lines. As shown in the attached figure, I want to calculate data long the solid red curve. As far as I know, the general prejection should work for integrating along a curve, but I did not find the way to enter the function for this curve.

Does anayone have idea how to do this? Or, is there a different way can achieve my popurse?

Thanks!!

3 Replies Last Post 2018年7月11日 GMT-4 03:41
Sven Friedel COMSOL Employee

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年7月6日 GMT-4 11:13

Hi Zhidong, you could use particle tracing to do that. A particle can integrate everything along its path. Sven

Hi Zhidong, you could use particle tracing to do that. A particle can integrate everything along its path. Sven

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年7月9日 GMT-4 07:28

Hi Sven,

Thanks for your suggestion. Particle tracing is a module. Do I need to add it as a physics and simulate particle transport? If you have time, could you please provide a bit more information? Thanks in advance. Best, Zhidong

>Hi Zhidong, >you could use particle tracing to do that. A particle can integrate everything along its path. >Sven Hi Sven, Thanks for your suggestion. Particle tracing is a module. Do I need to add it as a physics and simulate particle transport? If you have time, could you please provide a bit more information? Thanks in advance. Best, Zhidong

Posted: 6 years ago 2018年7月11日 GMT-4 03:41

Hi Sven,

I could not figure out how to use particle tracing to solve my problem. Now, I can use Matlab to do the averaging calculation after exporting data from Comsol.

I have one more question about how to export data for a specific region. I tried to use Grid 2D, but it only works for 'Globally defined expressions'. When I choose the dependent variable (concentration), it gives an error message 'Undefined variable'. Are there other ways I can do this?

Thansk!!

Hi Sven, I could not figure out how to use particle tracing to solve my problem. Now, I can use Matlab to do the averaging calculation after exporting data from Comsol. I have one more question about how to export data for a specific region. I tried to use Grid 2D, but it only works for 'Globally defined expressions'. When I choose the dependent variable (concentration), it gives an error message 'Undefined variable'. Are there other ways I can do this? Thansk!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.