Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Request PDF documentation format optimized for tablet PLEASE

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello
I would like to follow up on a suggestion I sent to comsol about a year agol [ pre4.0a and 4.1] and with the relase of 4.2 has not obviously been considered so far.

it is a trivial matter I think but one that will make a significant difference for a user like me;

In shor:
t get ride of the margin in the pdf doc file so that we can use all tablet screen real estate when reading the doc.

Indeed regardless of the tablet [ kindle, ipad android..I tested on all of them...] croping is not automatic and just painful to do manually page after page....

so Good Comsol people could You PLEASE put on the next dvd a tabled optimized version of the doc...?

Thank you !!

for my fellow users reading this post, maybe seconding this request, if you find it useful could give it added weight.... :-)

1 Reply Last Post 2011年8月9日 GMT-4 02:23

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011年8月9日 GMT-4 02:23
Hello Mr. Leon,

If I could afford a tablet (or all of them ;-)) and had such a problem I'd use a free tool like PDFcrop (pdfcrop.sourceforge.net/) to solve it. In the end it is faster than writing a post here. Good luck!

regards
Jürgen Gluch
Hello Mr. Leon, If I could afford a tablet (or all of them ;-)) and had such a problem I'd use a free tool like PDFcrop (http://pdfcrop.sourceforge.net/) to solve it. In the end it is faster than writing a post here. Good luck! regards Jürgen Gluch

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.