Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Two-Phase Flow, Phase Field multi physics with compressible flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to simulate a liquid piston air compressor - water are entering a vessel full of air and therefor the air start to compress (the air pressure rises), with the Two-Phase Flow, Phase Field multi physics, and have a problem with defining the problem as compressible flow in the laminar flow physics model. As the "Nonlinear solver did not converge." Can Phase Field multi physics work with compressible flow? and how do i define only the air as compressible as the water are not?

1 Reply Last Post 2020年2月12日 GMT-5 17:58
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Or Yogev

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年2月12日 GMT-5 17:58

Hi Or Yogev, I have also encountered similar issues. Did you try changing the advanced settings to use the conservative form? Send me your email.

Hi Or Yogev, I have also encountered similar issues. Did you try changing the advanced settings to use the conservative form? Send me your email.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.