Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Problem With Simple Conductive Heat Transfer Simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, COMSOL noob here attempting a senior design project for school.

I am attempting to model a very simple block of Mo (at room temp) placed onto a heated stage (at 250degC). However, my solution becomes a uniform temperature of 250degC immediately.

To combat consistent intialization I have a ramp starting at 0 for the temperature boundary (as suggested here). This just yields the entire model heating uniformly along the ramp.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

I've attached my program. I have tried different types of boundaries and added/removed geometries but to no avail. I have also tried changing the heat convection parameters but they have no effect. I have also tried a swept mesh but it yields a gradient in the wrong axis. Excuse any dumb mistakes, my team and I are learning this program on the fly.

Thank you so much in advance!

2 Replies Last Post 2020年5月26日 GMT-4 23:31

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年5月26日 GMT-4 17:15

See the attached model with corrected mesh.

Posted: 4 years ago 2020年5月26日 GMT-4 23:31

Thank you so much! This helps me understand a lot better.

>See the attached model with corrected mesh. Thank you so much! This helps me understand a lot better.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.