Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

H-B curve in comsol

Hidelberto Macedo Zamudio

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear colleagues,

I'm currently learning COMSOL, and my first model is a Terfenol model in COMSOL 5.5, for this purpose I'm using the Solid Mechanics (solid) module and the Magnetic Fileds (mf) module. To take into account the H-B curve of Terfenol, in mf I'm using the "Amper's law" node with "constitutive Relation B-H" as "B-H curve", but since Terfenol is a nonlinear magnetostrictive material I want to take into account its H-B curve instead of B-H curve.

I looked up in the COMSOL gallery and I found that is possible to use the H-B curve, but I cannot find how to activate this option in the mf module.

I also found that by using "Soft Iron (without losses)" I can obtain the nonlinear H-B curve, but when I'm using this material the "constitutive Relation B-H" in the "Amper's law" node is kept as "B-H curve".

Can you please give me some advice on how to resolve this issue?

Best regards.

0 Replies Last Post 2021年2月25日 GMT-5 07:21
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hidelberto Macedo Zamudio

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.