Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

About the application of the capillary filling

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

In the COMSOL Applications, there is a case called capillary filling.

There is a sentence in the study setup step of the modeling operation instructions in this case:

The automatic time stepping can have difficulties to start when the pressure initially tries to adjust to the surface tension. A manually specified time step is therefore a more appealing option in this case.

What is the best setting for this time step?

For example, the Output times setting given in the case is range (0 0.25e-4 1e-3). In the time stepping setting, is the Initial step fraction 1e-3;Time step 5e-6;

What does this Initial step fraction mean?

What I want to do,based on this model, is set the Output time to range ( 0, 1, 48,) which is in hours

How to set the Timing Stepping Settings to achieve what the Case Base says is "A manually specified time step is therefore a more appealing option in this case."

Since the boundary conditions and initial conditions of my own model are all from this case base, but many circles are added in the middle of the model, I encountered such questions in the research process.If the setting is still based on the data given by the case base, the progress will always be stuck at 32%.{Output time** to range ( 0, 1, 48,)}

I hope I can get expert advice in the forum

0 Replies Last Post 2021年4月30日 GMT-4 09:27
COMSOL Moderator

Hello 泽光 魏

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.