Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Difference Between Stationary Study and Time Dependent Study.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am new to Comsol, but I have a general question between study step types. Is there a difference between Stationary Study and Time Dependent Study when it comes to computation fluid dynamics modelling? I am trying to simulate the mixture between two gases in a pipe (a gas flows from an injection pipe into a main pipe where the two gases will mix), and I simulated they system using the Stationary Study. I also replicated the exact same simulation using the Time Dependent Study, but I get different results such as the concentration or mole fraction of the gases in the pipe.

Thank you for your time and help.

2 Replies Last Post 2021年11月5日 GMT-4 11:33
Amin Kazemi Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Toronto

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年10月30日 GMT-4 11:32

Have you given your time-dependent study sufficient time such that you see no change in ALL parameters?

Have you given your time-dependent study sufficient time such that you see no change in ALL parameters?

Posted: 3 years ago 2021年11月5日 GMT-4 11:33

For my time-dependent study, I set up the simulation to take about 600 sec (or 10 minutes) so maybe that could be an issue. Thank you for your suggestion, I will try to increase the simulation time and compare the results.

For my time-dependent study, I set up the simulation to take about 600 sec (or 10 minutes) so maybe that could be an issue. Thank you for your suggestion, I will try to increase the simulation time and compare the results.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.