Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Returned solution is not converged

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone, I am working with a 3D model using the electric current physics. The conductivity of an insulating material will be varied nonlinearly with the electric field. During computation after some iterations both nonlinear solver and iterative solver (conjugate gradients) showed 100 percent progressed but the computation was stucked in 99% and the iteration did not stop. The solver performed assembly again with geometric multigrid and the progress drop below 100%. After the maximum number of iterations (around 1hour), it showed error: Failed to find a solution. Returned solution is not converged. But in the results section, I got accurate plot of electric potential and electric field. So, I am confused if the solution was not converged how I got the accurate potential and electric field distribution? And after certain number of iterations when both the nonlinear solver and iterative solver were 100% why the iterations did not stop?

0 Replies Last Post 2021年12月21日 GMT-5 00:00
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Omar Faruqe

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.