Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modeling laser source with his own k_abs (optical absorption coefficient)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello!

I'm preparing a thesis about the simulation of a new photoacoustic generation system using the Comsol Multiphysics 3.5a software.

To model the laser source, I'm doing something similar to the "Heating with a moving laser" tutorial (Model Library path: COMSOL_Multiphysics/Heat_Transfer/laser_heating). In that case they model the absorption coefficient of a laser heating silica using the expression (it is function of temperature):

kabs=8e3 [m^-1] – 10 [(m·K)^-1]*(T-300[K])

Now, how can I do to do this with another material (I need aluminium and copper cases)? I mean, how did they manage to implement this expression??

(I should manage to create a similar expression using a laser with a wavelength of 1550 nm heating aluminium or copper)

Thank you very much and sorry if I wasn't clear.

Claudia

0 Replies Last Post 2010年2月8日 GMT-5 07:53
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Claudia Masselli

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.