Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Moving mesh in the induction heating

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am new in the Comsol. I am solving a task from induction heating for my school work and I'm stuck.

First part of my work is an easy model of induction heating. (Rectlange as a Load and two circles as a inductor) I prepaded model, in Frequency-Transient study.Everything works good until I want to make some motion (whether with the load or with the inductor), that's where the problem comes. During my atempts I succeeded and now the inductor moves up. This move is very limited, (only 2 mm/s and in the future I will need to make it move in 3 speed level.) To achieve he motion I used moving mesh.

How can I make 3 speed level with moving mesh? In the first 4 s I need 1mm/s , then 3 mm/s (4-22s) and from the 22nd second it shoud be 2mm/s.

Moving mesh works with 2mm/s but only in time scale 0-25 s, when I want to use bigger time scale like 0-30s (0-35s), Comsol gives me an Error : Repeated error in residual computation. The solver could not recover by using successively smaller times steps. Time: 25.2439 Last time step is not coverged.

Could someone give me some tips? How can I fix my model?

Thank you very much.

Tomáš

0 Replies Last Post 2023年1月4日 GMT-5 03:59
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Tomáš Cihla

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.