Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Resonant Frequency of a Structure.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on acoutic modeling and want to find out the resonant frequency of a two buffer open-open resonator. I have seen the examples given in the application gallery but those examples use a pressure source. I'm using Pressure Acoutic, Frequency Domain (acpr) Physics interface in my model. My doubts are as follows:

1. How to find the graph given in Figure attached. 1
  2. How to find the resonance frequency of the resonator in the first longitudinal mode?
  3. What is the formula used by the COMSOL software to calculate the resonance frequency as theoretically resonance frequency of a resonator can be calculated using the formula w=kc/2(L+gamma*a) ?
  4. What would be the changes in the model if the model is implemented with a pressure inlet/source?
  5. Thanks in Advance.

2 Replies Last Post 2023年4月28日 GMT-4 02:18
Mark Cops COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年3月22日 GMT-4 08:42

Hi Aditya, You can run an eigenfrequency study to solve for the natural frequencies and mode shapes of a system. In an eigenfrequency study, all source terms are removed but any constraits on pressure (like sound hard or sound soft boundary) will change the natural frequencies and mode shapes in general. To solve for the eigenfrequencies, COMSOL sets up and solves an eigenvalue problem. The plot that you show looks specific to a certain model, so to reproduce the result, one would need to solve an eigenfrequency study with the same geometry, material properties, physics, and constraints.

Hi Aditya, You can run an eigenfrequency study to solve for the natural frequencies and mode shapes of a system. In an eigenfrequency study, all source terms are removed but any constraits on pressure (like sound hard or sound soft boundary) will change the natural frequencies and mode shapes in general. To solve for the eigenfrequencies, COMSOL sets up and solves an eigenvalue problem. The plot that you show looks specific to a certain model, so to reproduce the result, one would need to solve an eigenfrequency study with the same geometry, material properties, physics, and constraints.

Posted: 1 year ago 2023年4月28日 GMT-4 02:18

Thank you sir!!

Thank you sir!!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.