How to input a no rotation constraint

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Im working on the same system I need to put a no rotation constrant on the top face of the lower flexure.

I added the image of the location of the no rotation constrant and a pdf of the system. In addtion I attach the mph file of the system.

What i did was I use a rigid connector at the location and constrant it rotation however I suspect it does not work correctly because in the first 2 mode the flexure is not bended correctly and the system was not rigid.

If there an another way to put a no rotation constrant on the solid mechanics interface that will be perfect.

Any help will be very useful.

2 Replies Last Post 2024年5月15日 GMT-4 12:54
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 days ago 2024年5月15日 GMT-4 06:31

If you just want a sliding, no-rotation constraint, you can use a Symmetry condition. There, you can also select if the boundary has a true roller condition, or is allowed to translate in the perpendicular direction.

-------------------
Henrik Sönnerlind
COMSOL
If you just want a sliding, no-rotation constraint, you can use a **Symmetry** condition. There, you can also select if the boundary has a true roller condition, or is allowed to translate in the perpendicular direction.

Posted: 4 days ago 2024年5月15日 GMT-4 12:54
Updated: 4 days ago 2024年5月15日 GMT-4 12:58

hello Henrik Sönnerlind,

Thank you very much for your response I Have a question.

For the system I don't want any sliding i just want it to be able to move in all direction (x y and z) but not able to rotated in the x y and z( the result im looking for is in this image) for the Symmetry condition does putting a free displacement work?

hello Henrik Sönnerlind, Thank you very much for your response I Have a question. For the system I don't want any sliding i just want it to be able to move in all direction (x y and z) but not able to rotated in the x y and z( the result im looking for is in this image) for the Symmetry condition does putting a free displacement work?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.