Oscillatory Flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, community. I have a doubt. I would like to realize a purely oscillatory flow. One of the requirements for this simulation is that, somehow, the mass flow has to be zero so that the wave passes through the medium and does not take the mass of liquid along with it (let's assume a cross section of a cylinder, a rectangle). What options would I have? Would there be a way to do this without importing the Acoustics library into Comsol? How to impose (algebraically) a mass flow condition equal to zero in COMSOL and how to place the wave in the simulation? Would it be worth using the Wave form part of COMSOL?Thank you very much.

2 Replies Last Post 2024年6月4日 GMT-4 12:26
Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 2 months ago 2024年5月18日 GMT-4 03:46
Updated: 2 months ago 2024年5月18日 GMT-4 04:36

Gabriel,

that sounds like it is pressure acoustics. Of course you can implement your own equations to avoid the acoustics module, but I doubt that this effort is worthwhile. It is a little like re-inventing the wheel.

Cheers Edgar

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
Gabriel, that sounds like it is pressure acoustics. Of course you can implement your own equations to avoid the acoustics module, but I doubt that this effort is worthwhile. It is a little like re-inventing the wheel. Cheers Edgar

Posted: 1 month ago 2024年6月4日 GMT-4 12:26

Gabriel,

that sounds like it is pressure acoustics. Of course you can implement your own equations to avoid the acoustics module, but I doubt that this effort is worthwhile. It is a little like re-inventing the wheel.

Cheers Edgar

Thanks a lot!

>Gabriel, > >that sounds like it is pressure acoustics. Of course you can implement your own equations to avoid the acoustics module, but I doubt that this effort is worthwhile. It is a little like re-inventing the wheel. > >Cheers >Edgar Thanks a lot!

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.