convergence problem in a gas storage salt cavern study

Lucía Collazo Puñal

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on a simplified study of salt caverns for gas storage. It is a 3D solid mechanics study. The model consists of a cube of salt material in which the cavern is modelled as a sphere that is extracted from the cube by a boolean operation and then converted into a solid. I have introduced pressures on the sides of the cube and on the top. A roller condition is set at the bottom of the cube. Regarding the mesh, in the cavern area I have worked with a refined mesh. By introducing an internal pressure in the cavern, convergence is not achieved (if solved with a roller condition on the walls of the cube, convergence is achieved, but it is not realistic because then the loads on the walls of the cube are not taken into account). How could it be solved?

Thanks

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.