Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Inductively coupled plasma-High vacuum-Laminar flow-Free Molecular Flow-times range in Frequency Transient

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hello!
*** first question: I try to simulate the device using the PLASMA MODULE (inductively coupled plasma) and LAMINAR FLOW in a vacuum (10 millitorr). The problem is that when I run the solver, had very long time solver works! my time range of Frequency-Transient solver is (1e-8) to (1e-3). I look at the log and convergence plot, the process starts from the time (1e-013) and up to the about (1e-7) the process goes quickly, but then stays on for a long time at this time and several hours process work without promotion. wanted to know what could be the problem?
*** second question: how can simulate a high vacuum but with laminar flow? the point is that device are in a high vacuum (1e-5 torr) and enters into device argon gas (0.1mg/s) and by a high frequency, plasma is formed. The problem is that when I use the laminar flow, this module does not respond less than (10 millitorr) and when I use the Free Molecular Flow, there is no (inlet) options. how to use this two module together ( laminar flow and Free Molecular Flow ), or maybe have separate modules appropriate?
*** third question is: how can I choose the right times range in Frequency-Transient?
now I use ( 0 10^{range(-8,5/50,-3)} ) like that example models, but I want to know how to correctly defined and what it depends?

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 2013年2月15日 GMT-5 12:39
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shahram Roshanpour

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.