Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I want the optimization solver to evaluate the objective at all time steps

Louis-Daniel Théroux

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello, I am using the optimization module in conjunction with the Heat Transfert in Solids and the Solid Mechanics. After computation, I always get the warning message: ' The objective is only evaluated at the final time. '

I use a Time Dependant Study and use the same time step for my optimisation Solver. My Probe Objective is the solid.disp and the Control Variable influence the HeatFlux. Since the temperature influence the thermal expansion, the displacement, the optimization solver minimize the heat flux. And it work, but I always get that warning message and I wanted the optimization solver to be able to evaluate the objective at all the time step.

Thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 2017年2月5日 GMT-5 15:33
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Louis-Daniel Théroux

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年4月1日 GMT-4 04:26
Hi Louis,
did you find out how to evaluate the objective at all time steps?
thanks,
Hi Louis, did you find out how to evaluate the objective at all time steps? thanks,

Posted: 7 years ago 2017年2月5日 GMT-5 15:33
did you found the solution please ?
did you found the solution please ?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.