Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How do I do a plot of total plate stress against frequency?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a shell plate being driven by a point load and I already have surface stress plots that show stress at particular frequencies. What I'd like to do now is do a line graph showing total plate stress at each frequency - right across the frequency range (so total plate stress over frequency). Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Many thanks in advance

1 Reply Last Post 2013年3月15日 GMT-4 16:35
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年3月15日 GMT-4 16:35
Hi

Normally if you do a harmonic or frequency solver case with a range of frequencies the 2D plots will be either value over frequency or field over spatial dimension(s) and overlap for each frequency case (turn on the legends to identfy the multiple curves)

So I would say, add a cut line Data Set, add a Results 1D line graph pointing to the cut line, set the desired stress parameter and plot.

if you define a point you will get the stress value at that point versus frequency.

Another way is to use the derived vaues and set up an equation (average or point value) solve it into a table and plot the table with the "plot" icon on the table GUI border

Check the videos on postprocessing anf graphics on the main site

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Normally if you do a harmonic or frequency solver case with a range of frequencies the 2D plots will be either value over frequency or field over spatial dimension(s) and overlap for each frequency case (turn on the legends to identfy the multiple curves) So I would say, add a cut line Data Set, add a Results 1D line graph pointing to the cut line, set the desired stress parameter and plot. if you define a point you will get the stress value at that point versus frequency. Another way is to use the derived vaues and set up an equation (average or point value) solve it into a table and plot the table with the "plot" icon on the table GUI border Check the videos on postprocessing anf graphics on the main site -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.