Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Electric potential and current density analysis

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear friends,

I analyzed a model using Time-dependent solver and for the time: range (0, 0.016,1). The model is consisted of different layers with different conductivity and permittivity and a Terminal with an AC current (square waveform, Amplitude:4.4 mA, angular frequency:377Hz ) is applied on top of the layers. When I click on the slice plot the amount of Electric Potential is equal to 14V. But when I plot Line Graph the value of electric potential for the same edge is about KV!!!!? Another question is that why do we have such a current density the same as the attached figure.Could somebody help me to understand the difference? Is there any document about analyzing such the plots?

Regards,

3 Replies Last Post 2013年5月20日 GMT-4 07:24

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月19日 GMT-4 11:27
Why we have negative current density here? I do not know if there is any problem with my simulation?
I would be grateful if someone help me.
The best,
Why we have negative current density here? I do not know if there is any problem with my simulation? I would be grateful if someone help me. The best,

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月19日 GMT-4 12:34

Hi,

with a time step of 0.016 s you cannot resolve the 377 Hz stimulus. And your plots are strange. What are all the different colors representing?

Cheers
Edgar

--
Edgar J. Kaiser
www.emphys.com
Hi, with a time step of 0.016 s you cannot resolve the 377 Hz stimulus. And your plots are strange. What are all the different colors representing? Cheers Edgar -- Edgar J. Kaiser http://www.emphys.com

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年5月20日 GMT-4 07:24
Hello Mr. Kaiser

I thought that different colors stand for various time. Since when I change the step sizes to larger values (range (0,0.1,1)) I get to another plot that contains less vertical lines, the attached figure. When I want to plot the current density the only possibility to choose are edges!!! How can we select a surface when we plot current density?
I tried to build a simple model including two copper electrodes (electric potential and ground) that between them, there is a resistive layer to analyze the current density using Electric Current. When I choose 3D plot groups->Slice and plot the current density, there is no constant current density distribution inside electric potential electrode!! Why?
Kind regards,
Hello Mr. Kaiser I thought that different colors stand for various time. Since when I change the step sizes to larger values (range (0,0.1,1)) I get to another plot that contains less vertical lines, the attached figure. When I want to plot the current density the only possibility to choose are edges!!! How can we select a surface when we plot current density? I tried to build a simple model including two copper electrodes (electric potential and ground) that between them, there is a resistive layer to analyze the current density using Electric Current. When I choose 3D plot groups->Slice and plot the current density, there is no constant current density distribution inside electric potential electrode!! Why? Kind regards,

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.