Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Setting the permittivity of particles for dielectrophoretic force in Particle tracing for Fluid Flow

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I encountered a problem while setting up fluid model with DEP force. Direction of DEP force is dependent on the Claussius-Mossoti factor, i.e. complex permittivity of the particles and the liquid. Further, complex permittivity depends on the relative permittivity and conductivity. While Comsol let me set the relative permittivities for both the fluid and the particle there is not any option to set the conductivity. I am trying to simulate frequency dependence but the CM factor seems to be frequency independent anyway.

Is there some documentation with more detailed information than the integrated help regarding the DEP force implementation in the Particle tracing? Or could you please advice me some procedure how to set the complex permittivity correctly?

Thank you in advance.

Jakub

2 Replies Last Post 2013年7月11日 GMT-4 04:48

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年7月11日 GMT-4 03:29
Hi

I have same problem also :(.
Hi I have same problem also :(.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013年7月11日 GMT-4 04:48
Hi again,

I found it,

Right click on Particle Tracing for fluid flow (fpt), add Dielectrophoretic Force1 and you can sett the permittivity for particles.
Hi again, I found it, Right click on Particle Tracing for fluid flow (fpt), add Dielectrophoretic Force1 and you can sett the permittivity for particles.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.