Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Image export / surface plot problems

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi everybody,

I am currently facing two fundamental problems with Comsol 4.2:

1) My model is a very thin, elongated tube (dimensions 5cmx0.15cm). When I try to export the simulation results (as an image using the snapshot utility, or as a video), the resulting image/video file shows a very deformed/squeezed tube, i.e. the original dimensions of my geometry are not maintained. I tried playing around with the 'lock axis' and 'preserve aspect ratio' checkboxes in the view menu, but no success.
Is this problem known, and has anyone found a solution to it?

2) For simulations with relatively high mesh density, the results can not be plotted as a surface plot anymore (comsol just shows the geometry, but no field data). Even after finishing the simulation, the results can not be viewed, except for the arrow surface filter. Surface plot does not work. This only happens above a certain mesh density. Again, has this happened to anyone else?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Anna

0 Replies Last Post 2013年9月23日 GMT-4 03:15
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Ann

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.