Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Coupling vector fields from 2D axisymmetric models to 3D models

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone!

I want to do a simple transformation of a vector field between 2D axisymmetric and 3D models.

I determine the vector field first by means of a 2D axisymmetric model in the complete computational domain. Secondly I want to use a part of this vector field in a specific domain in a 3D model. In consequence I need to rotate and transform the calculated field from (r,phi,z) to (x,y,z) in this domain.

I would be very thankfull if anyone has an idea how to do this in COMSOL.

Best regards!

Konstantin

1 Reply Last Post 2014年1月23日 GMT-5 03:08
Phillip COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月23日 GMT-5 03:08
Hi,

perhaps it helps you to know that you can define coordinate systems, e.g. a cylindrical system, within a 3D model under Definitions --> Coordinate Systems and access the new system coordinates, e.g. sys2.phi.
Good luck with your model.
--
Best Regards
Phillip
Hi, perhaps it helps you to know that you can define coordinate systems, e.g. a cylindrical system, within a 3D model under Definitions --> Coordinate Systems and access the new system coordinates, e.g. sys2.phi. Good luck with your model. -- Best Regards Phillip

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.