Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solid Mechanics and Cavity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

The attached models are the simplified models of my problems. In the "1 Domain" model, I have shown the deformation of model. Since I want to measure the volume of cavity (inner hemisphere), I figure that I have to include a domain for it as well (shown in "2 Domains" model). But I don't know how should I do with domain 2 so as to get the deformation result as "1 Domain" model. I tried to simply put domain 2 without any physics, but end-up computed error. Hope can help me on this.

Thanks

CN

1 Reply Last Post 2014年1月23日 GMT-5 21:21

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年1月23日 GMT-5 21:21
Hi,

Sorry for my mistakes previously, I found that "2 Domains" model can also be computed successfully, maybe my real model include other settings which contributed the error. Now the computing problem had been solved. But, I face challenges when want to measure the volume of cavity (domain 2). I use volume integration on entire domain of domain 2, for all values of Pr (parametric value), it gives an answer of 2.xxx m^3 for all Pr values. I guess this should be the volume of last value of Pr, because initial volume should be 2/3*pi*r^3 (1.07m^3). So what I expect to get is the volume of cavity for all Pr values (starts from 1.07m^3, gradually increase to 2.xxx m^3). How to do this? Hope can help me on this.

Thanks

CN
Hi, Sorry for my mistakes previously, I found that "2 Domains" model can also be computed successfully, maybe my real model include other settings which contributed the error. Now the computing problem had been solved. But, I face challenges when want to measure the volume of cavity (domain 2). I use volume integration on entire domain of domain 2, for all values of Pr (parametric value), it gives an answer of 2.xxx m^3 for all Pr values. I guess this should be the volume of last value of Pr, because initial volume should be 2/3*pi*r^3 (1.07m^3). So what I expect to get is the volume of cavity for all Pr values (starts from 1.07m^3, gradually increase to 2.xxx m^3). How to do this? Hope can help me on this. Thanks CN

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.