Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

I have two models, model 1 and model 2. When solving model 2, the initial value of model 2 is the result of model 1. should I set it ?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a question. I have two models, model 1 and model 2. When solving model 2, the initial value of model 2 is the result of model 1. should I set it ? special information as follows:
(1) Model 1 and model 2 are same, include: exciting coil, pick-up coil and ferromagnetic pipe. Exciting coil is used to load current, pick-up coil is used to receive inducted voltage. Pipe is nonlinear. when current is in different stages, the B-H curve of pipe is different.

(2) The loaded current is shown in fig.1. When the time is 0-5 ms(denote as t1), the current ascends(I1), when the time is 5ms-50 ms(denote as t2), the current descends(I2).

fig.1
(3) The B-H curve of pipe is different. when the time is t1, the B-H curve ascends (BH1) , when the time is t2, the B-H curve descends (BH2) .

(4) Two models and two solvers. in materials, the B-H curves is different. They are shown in fig.2.

fig. 2
(5) The setting of solver 1 is the fig. 3: (a) is the step1: calculating coil current. (b) is the step2: calculating coil current 2. (c) is the step3: transient. The values of dependent variables are not to be chose.

fig. 3 (a)

fig. 3 (b)

fig. 3 (c)
(6) The setting of solver 2 is the fig. 4: (a) is the step1: calculating coil current. (b) is the step2: calculating coil current 2. (c) is the step3: transient. The values of dependent variables are to be chose in fig.4.(a), (b), (c). I hope the initial values of solver2 is the result of solver1.

fig. 4 (a)

fig. 4 (b)

fig. 4 (c)
(7) Induced voltage curve of solver 1 is shown in fig. 5. It is right. The induced voltage curve of solver 2 is shown in fig. 6(a), the fig. 6(b) is the enlarged view. However, the results are all zero. It is wrong. Why the results are zero?

fig. 5

fig. 6 (a) and (b)

0 Replies Last Post 2014年3月24日 GMT-4 08:03
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xin Wei

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.