Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Polymer viscosity model about Cross-WLF eqaution

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I have tried to analyze the filling pattern of polymers in injection molding process with COMSOL software.
And I tried to apply the shear viscosity of the polymer to the analysis using cross-WLF equation which usually used to express the behaviors.

However, I found out that the viscosity rapidly increased when the temperature of the polymer reached glass transition temperature.
With the increasing viscosity, the analysis was failed.

I need your help with the problem.
Please let me know how I can fix the problem without the fail message.

Best regards,

3 Replies Last Post 2014年5月23日 GMT-4 02:49

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月21日 GMT-4 11:27
What do you mean by 'the analysis was failed'? What error do you get?
What do you mean by 'the analysis was failed'? What error do you get?

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月22日 GMT-4 22:11
The error message is

"The following feature has encountered a problem: Nonlinear solver did not converge.
Last time step is not converged."

I don't know how can I do ....
The error message is "The following feature has encountered a problem: Nonlinear solver did not converge. Last time step is not converged." I don't know how can I do ....

Posted: 1 decade ago 2014年5月23日 GMT-4 02:49
Maybe you should have a look at the phase change examples (heat transfer module), or have you already used that?
Maybe you should have a look at the phase change examples (heat transfer module), or have you already used that?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.