Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Eigenfrequency Error "Cannot evaluate expression"

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am trying to compute the Eigenfrequency physics for a mesh I created and imported into COMSOL. The mesh is 3D, complex, and asymmetrical but I have had no problems computing with it in other studies. However, when I run the study I receive the following error:

"Cannot evaluate expression.
Failed to evaluate variable.
-Variable: comp1.acpr.p_t
-Geometry: 1
-Boundary: 1
Failed to evalulate expression.
-Expression: comp1.acpr.p_t
-Plot: surf1 (Surface)"

I suspect the error has to do with the fact I cannot select my mesh as the Sound Hard Boundary (Wall) 1. It says (not applicable) next to the mesh selection. Can I somehow create a boundary of the mesh to use for this? Is this why I am receiving the above error?

Thank you

0 Replies Last Post 2014年5月22日 GMT-4 18:21
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Marta Iversen

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.