Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piezoelectric Transducer Trigger/sensor project

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi, I'm a physics student from Nigeria and I'm interested in doing a project involving piezoelectric transducers.
The project will deal with how a piezoelectric material can produce voltage from the mechanical stress of a human footstep,
so my first question would be how and where can I find (buy) a piezoelectric transducer (plate) that can withstand the weight
of a footstep and is not so sensitive to vibration that any little disturbance will produce voltage. Or how can I dampen the
voltage response produced from ordinary vibrations/sounds/disturbances?

Please suggest which of the following products on Aliexpress.com will be best suitable for this purpose (that's basically
the only place I can easily get these piezoelectric materials shipped to Nigeria)

www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Efficiency-50W-40KHz-Ultrasonic-Piezoelectric-Transducer-Cleaner-45mm-Dia/1740089597.html

www.aliexpress.com/item/Genuine-the-best-price-Free-shipping-25-mm-atomizing-transducer-piezoelectric-ceramic-humidifier-accessories/907653251.html

www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-1pcs-diameter-50mm-40K-35W-ultrasonic-transducer-ceramic-chip-piezoelectric-ceramics/1981491165.html

www.aliexpress.com/item/Ultrasonic-sensor-one-piece-us100-36a-piezoelectric-transducer-piezoelectric-ceramic-ultrasonic-sensor/1758147590.html

www.aliexpress.com/item/5pcs-New-38-15-5-Ultrasonic-Piezoelectric-Transducer-Element-Ceramic-Ring-freeshipping/1353867677.html

If none of these piezoelectric products can do the job, can you please suggest where I can get the right materials.

Secondly, I need the piezoelectric transducer to act as a sort of trigger/sensor such that the voltage is maintained for as long
as the foot is on the device, as soon as the foot is removed, the voltage should be cut-off. Can the circuit described in this
thread (using IC 555) be used for this specific purpose?

forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?s=c359c7f1dd40ecaef16a904e2c087257&t=80497

Can you give me any TESTED circuit where a piezo trigger (or sensor) is made to produce constant voltage when pressed (or strained
in one direction) and voltage is cut-off when pressure is released.

Will be expecting your informative replies. Thanks.

1 Reply Last Post 2015年12月18日 GMT-5 14:23
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Toluse Alemika

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 9 years ago 2015年12月18日 GMT-5 14:23
hey..i am actually working on a similar idea..would it be possible to make a piezo transducer in the shape of the sole between two layers..is it possible??
hey..i am actually working on a similar idea..would it be possible to make a piezo transducer in the shape of the sole between two layers..is it possible??

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.