Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Extracting Eigenvalues and Eigenvector using Eigenfrequency study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I was successfully able to extract the first N (~ 50) eigenvalues, using Eigenfrequency study and Solid Mechanics physics setup. I use the export option to write out the frequencies and eigenvalues (lambda).
However, now I also need the corresponding Eigenvectors. I am not able to do the same, since the exporter does not show Eigenvectors in the export list.

Pls let me know how I can export the first N eigenvalue and eigenvectors pairs. Is there is a simpler way to do this using Matlab LiveLink?

Thanks,
Gaurav

2 Replies Last Post 2014年12月3日 GMT-5 08:31

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年12月2日 GMT-5 22:26
Could someone pls answer. I have seen posts (e.g. www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/31634/) where people talk about having Eigenvectors data access, but am not sure how they actually extract it from COMSOL.

Thanks,
Gaurav
Could someone pls answer. I have seen posts (e.g. http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/31634/) where people talk about having Eigenvectors data access, but am not sure how they actually extract it from COMSOL. Thanks, Gaurav

Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Posted: 10 years ago 2014年12月3日 GMT-5 08:31
Hi,

You should be able to select displacements in the Expressions section of Results->Export->Data. If you do not find them in the list, you can always write u, v and w explicitly in the list of expressions.

Which physics interface (element type) are you using? If it is 'subdimensional' (like a shell which lives on surfaces in 3D) you may have to do a manual selection for 'Geometry Level' in Results->Export->Data.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, You should be able to select displacements in the Expressions section of Results->Export->Data. If you do not find them in the list, you can always write u, v and w explicitly in the list of expressions. Which physics interface (element type) are you using? If it is 'subdimensional' (like a shell which lives on surfaces in 3D) you may have to do a manual selection for 'Geometry Level' in Results->Export->Data. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.